Sunday, January 11, 2015

MORE SNOW!!!

As I post this, there's a system moving my way from the south. We're  expecting  snow and ice overnight. I am fully aware where I live...it gets freaking  cold and downright  miserable  this  time of year...and I love  it. I look forward  to it every year. The kids were off for 2 weeks for Christmas  break. So was the hubby. I LOVED IT! that  said, I was very ready for Monday to come and for everyone  to go to work  and school  and to give mommy  a break. It was wonderful..til Wednesday. School was closed (wisely) because  of seriously  subzero  wind chills and crap viability. Thursday, school was delayed   (wisely) because  of serious wind chills that, even when we waited for the bus (wrapped  up in my trusty down comforter) two hrs after the normal time, seriously  sucked. Then came Friday. Hubby was off and I REALLY  wanted a date day. Yup...first came a delay (Damn lake effect snow), then at 7:30 came the dreaded  phone call..school was cancelled. Granted, it was needed, we got 8 inches of snow  and we had to dig out before  we could go anywhere. The kids  have cabin fever and are driving  me NUTS. I love them..I really  do. Mommy just needs a couple days to watch it snow  without  having  to entertain  anyone. And, having  said that, I fully  expect  a cancelation  tomorrow  morning...at 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment