Monday, May 11, 2015

A very belated Happy Mother's Day to any moms who happen to follow this little blog. If your kids are human or furry, or fishy, or crabbie or lizardy, it matters not..you're a mom and i hope yours was a spectacular one. I spent the day chasing the youngest son around the house as it was his birthday and when its Mothers day and his birthday, well, you know exactly what comes first. Today, since the monsters are all in school, I'm celebrating in the best possible way. sitting on my front porch with the computer and a cup of iced coffee..in silence!

Yesterday was a touch rough on me as well. This is a year of firsts for me and yesterday was my first Mother's Day without my Lexie. It was her first in heaven and i know that i am not alone in missing my baby bunnie something terrible. She left behind a momma, a sister, aunts and a crazy group of her internet moms, the Bunnie Moms. She meant something different to each of us and to me, she was the brightest star in my galaxy. I know I post a lot about her, but I'm only 36..i haven't ever walked this path before and quite frankly, some days, i don't know what i'm doing. I write about her to help me figure things out without going crazy and annoying my friends because as much as they love me, they don't have a clue what i'm going thru and honestly, i don't wish this on anyone.

Speaking of daughters, i do have another adopted daughter that i rarely talk about and i owe her a huge apology because i am terribly proud of her as well. I've known her for the last 11 years and damn..she's a lot like my Lex. What Cheryl has overcome is amazing and for her to be where she is now is nothing short of amazing. I used to beat myself up for not being able to get her out of where she was. Lord knows i tried, but it wasn't happening. My girl, she's a fighter and a survivor and she makes this momma proud EVERY single day. Please. go check her out at cityangel90.wordpress.com you won't be disappointed!

And i just got word that i'm spending tomorrow with 4 of my favorite people (3 are under 6!) so i'd better get off of this pile of microchips and get stuff done..stuff i was putting off for tomorrow. (oops)



No comments:

Post a Comment