Friday, May 29, 2015

Welcome to another installment of my favorite weekly blogging chore (and the only blog post i've managed to get up this week.. sorry guys)..FINISH THE SENTENCE FRIDAY!!! This week's crazy prompt is: after a hard day's work.

Some days, after a really hard day of picking up after ungrateful beings, i really kinda just wish i lived the life my cats have. i mean, think about it. they have their own staff, they sleep all day, play all night (assuming they have any desire to move), they can be as bitchy as they want whenever they want and people never bat an eye. Cats have it great! Take Spike for example. she's the new Queen in the colony, replacing her royal highness Queen Nermal after Nermie died right before thanksgiving. She's 6 years old and has never caught a mouse in her life. Spoiled much? well, lets see..her highness demands a dish of milk every saturday (caturday), she only likes to lick the tomato sauce off of PEPPERONI pizza, you don't dare say the word bath around her or you'll get "the look". The best spot in the house to sleep (as decided by the cats) is my middle son's bed. Yup, she has chased every single one of the other cats off of it and claimed it for herself. if she knocks something over, she gives you that "i'm a cat. i'm cute and superior to you. deal with it slave" look and sure enough, you pick up whatever she knocked over and pet her...like the slave that you are. I'm currently getting the look because the kittens are in my room eating..you guessed it, kitten food. guess who thinks it belongs to her. my husband, who HATES air conditioning, just put the big ac unit in the dining room because SPIKE might get hot and need me to turn it on. no mention of how the heat screws with me and makes me sick..noo, he's more worried about poor spike than me. Thats how its always been around here. we work hard so that our cats can have the best life pawsible. Hell, they even boss the dogs around. Big, "viscious" pittbull mix? eh, he's trained. they rule him. if he's on the ottoman and thats where one of them wants to be, he moves. that spot on the floor that he just made comfortable for himself? theirs if they want it. the water dish? he waits for them to finish. He out weighs them by a good 50lbs, but you'd never know it to watch them interact. they don't care if they put weight on..no such thing as swim suit season for them, workouts are something they DON'T do and laugh at us for doing. after all, they don't get fat, they get fluffy! That short night of sleep? yep..23.75 hrs isn't enough and guess what...they don't care. if there is one kibble placed the wrong way in their dish, they'll meow pathetically until we slaves show up to fix the issue. they've got it great and that's why, after a hard day's work, i really, really..just want to be a cat.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAH after reading this, I want to be a cat, too!!! Even though I'm horribly allergic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely be a cat. Our three boys live the life of luxury as well. This sounds pretty accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I'd like to be a cat too! I don't have any cats, but it sounds like a charming life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to be a cat indeed. My dog's life sounds rather similar except that she adds a walk into the mix. Turn on the bath water and she runs a mile. Absolutely loathes a bath.

    ReplyDelete